Garderie Rayon de Soleil offers a high quality day care service to French families.
To foster a French culture in our day care, French is used as the primary language between the staff, children and parents.
The uniqueness of each child is a richness we recognize and appreciate. Our goals are:
- To encourage the overall development of the children by allowing them to develop all dimensions, including affectionate, social, intellectual, cognitive, verbal, physical and motor skills and,
- Progressively and successfully integrate each child in group settings.
Our day care holds a permit from The Ontario Ministry of Education that allows us to welcome up to 81 children, from 30 months to 12 years old, distributed in the following age groups:
- 16: Moumoutes 2 ½ to 4 years old (pre-school)
- 20: 4-5 years old (junior kindergarten and kindergarten)
- 45: Buddies (elementary school)
- 30: 6 to 8 years old (grade 1 to grade 3)
- 15: 9 to 12 years old (grade 4 to grade 6)
Each group has its own curriculum, including learning based activities on a weekly basis. The activities as well as a detailed daily schedule are posted on our board.
On PA days, our day care is happy to welcome the 4 to 12-year old children for the entire day.
Garderie Rayon de Soleil offers a hot meal service at lunch time, for children enrolled at l’Ecole Sainte-Madeleine, whether they are registered to our day care or not. Please click here for more information.